BRONCOMMUNITY: STAND Update 2015 - 2016
What an outSTANDing job! STAND sponsors, Mrs. Fell and Ms. Porvin, wish to congratulate the students of STAND on a fabulous year of great work.
What did STAND students achieve this year?
- We sponsored the Brownell Haunted House to raise money for service projects.
- We made Thanksgiving placements for Services for Older Citizens.
- We decorated cards and luminaries for the veterans at Piquette Square.
- We sponsored a food drive for the veterans at Piquette Square.
- We sponsored Clown Day and raised $373 for Gilda's Club.
- We created banners to celebrate the values of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
(Featured in the GP News!)
- We made ‘Care Kits’ for children at the Children's Advocacy Center.
- Thanks to our grant from the Grosse Pointe Foundation for Public Education we extended this project and increased our Kids TALK donation to include many custom-made pillows.
- We sponsored the “Change a Life” Campaign and donated $244 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Students Taking A New Direction is a service club open to all Brownell students. Our mission is to coordinate substance-free fun activities for Brownell students, and to participate in service projects in and around our community.