SCHOOL ENTRANCE PROCEDURE
Parcells is locked during the school day for safety purposes. From 8:30 AM – 3:17 PM (9:00 – 3:17 on Mondays) anyone wishing to enter the building must be ‘buzzed’ into the building. You can do that at three doors: the main front door, the receiving room door, and the 6th grade door off the back parking lot along Sunningdale. At these three doors, you will see a small metallic box mounted on the wall with a small camera screen and a doorbell button. Press the doorbell button and remain infront of the box so the office can see you. When you hear a response from someone in the office, please announce your name and reason for your visit and you will be ‘buzzed’ into the building.
Please proceed to the office to register.
Students who arrive late to school or who are arriving to school after an appointment will also have to be ‘buzzed’ into the school by following the same procedures.
After school is dismissed at 3:17 PM, the receiving room is unlocked allowing access to the school for the afternoon and evening. All other doors will be locked and will be unlocked only when events are scheduled for late afternoon and/or evening access.
1. ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TO
2. Pick up and drop off your student on the side streets west side of Mack, rather than on school property—Adult Crossing Guards will insure that your child crosses Mack safely.
3. Obey all “No stopping, standing or parking” zones (Fine for “prohibited parking”: $35.00 )
4. When picking up or dropping off students in the Sunningdale lot, pull all the way around the circle driveway to keep traffic moving. This helps relieve the back-ups on Sunningdale.
5. Don’t take “cuts” in front of drivers waiting in the Sunningdale lot’s “right turn only” lane.
6. Don’t make a right turn into the parking lot from the south bound traffic lane of Sunningdale—this lane is for thru-traffic only. (Fines for “Improper lane usage or improper turn”: $110.00)