Absences should be called in before 9 a.m. on the day of the absence. An answering machine is available 24 hours a day at (313) 432-4601.
In the event that your child has an EXTENDED ABSENCE, please contact the attendance office to obtain homework assignments.
We encourage all students to have a “study buddy” in each class who can be called for assignment and updating. In addition, grade level calendars can be used as a general guide and are available by clicking here. Parents of students absent from school due to illness may request assignments from the attendance office (313) 432-4601. The office will request assignments from teachers. Any assignments submitted by teachers will be available for pick-up after 24 hours.
SCHOOL PHOTO I.D. CARDS
STUDENT DRESS AT PARCELLS
The Parcells Middle School community believes that standards of neatness, modesty, and appropriateness in clothing and accessories encourage an atmosphere conducive to learning, work, and discipline. Adherence to the dress code is expected of all students. Parents should assist the school in enforcing these standards by sending students to school each day in proper attire.
1. Determination of appropriate dress is made by the administration. However, any faculty member may question whether attire is acceptable and direct a student to the office.
2. Students may wear slacks, jeans or shorts to school. Tights or tight stretch pants may not be worn as slacks. Shorts must be of satisfactory length (no more than 3" above the knee). Capri or cropped pants may be worn as an alternate. Pants must be worn so that underwear cannot be seen. Girls may wear skirts and dress; however, they cannot be more than 3" above the knee. Tight skirts, skirts with slits, tight shorts and tight tops are not allowed.
3. Clothing should be clean and in good repair (i.e. without holes in jeans).
4. Shirts and blouses must have either sleeves or a collar. Undershirts, low-cut or bare midriff blouses are not permitted.
5. T-shirts with alcohol, cigarette, drug, violent, hate or other inappropriate messages are not allowed.
6. Shoes are to be worn at all times in school.
7. Outerwear such as jackets, hats and roller blades should be removed when entering the building.
8. To reduce distractions in school, hairstyle, jewelry and make-up should be worn in moderation.
9. For safety reasons (crowded hallways, excessive weight on student's backs), backpacks/book bags may be carried to and from school but must be stored in lockers during the school day. Students may not carry backpack/book bags into classrooms while classes are in session.
10. School dress standards are applicable while attending extracurricular or school-related activities, including field trips.
11. Exceptions to the dress standards may be designated "Spirit" days, "Dress Up" days, or other exceptions approved by the administration.
Any apparel worn by students that administrators consider inappropriate or unacceptable in fit, style or message will result in a consequence. Offenders may be required to change clothes or remain in the office until appropriate clothing is brought from home. Students who have repeat offenses will be assigned detention, Saturday School, or other consequences.
Guest, thanks for visiting this section of the web site.